Monday, July 26, 2010
Day #7: Arona's Designs...
In the daily seller featured as promised, I have decided to ask a few questions of Elisabeth from Arona's designs. She is a very talented seller and fellow natural hair person. Here are her responses to a the questions I asked of her.
1. Is there one person who serves as your inspiration? If so, who? Hmmm...inspiration as a person? My mom because she's just awesome. From a design perspective? Vern Yip from Deserving Design on HGTV. I just started watching interior design shows and he's really good at what he does. Interior Design relates to fashion design a lot especially now. Not only does his design inspire me, but the way he cares about the people whose houses he's designing really shows through and I love it :-)
2. How long have you been creating? Since I could lol. I don't know an exact time, but as far back as I can remember I have loved to draw, my mom taught me how to make an elastic waist skirt when I was 9, and even though I stopped sewing at one point because the patterns got on my nerves, I kept on drawing and crafty things. I've even done a little woodburning. Hmmm, I should pull that out again!
3. Besides, creating, what do you enjoy doing? I love to eat, I lovelove to cook--I believe it's a great creative outlet and experimenting is always fun with food, I enjoy reading a lot, I watch other people create, visit craft stores, and sing <3
4. What is your favorite kind of desert? Chocolate!! Anyone who really knows me knows I was going to say that. Extreme moose tracks and triple chocolate brownies any day!
5. If you had one dream come true, what would it be? To successfully sell the clothes that I design, and for people to LOVE wearing them as much as I love designing them.
6. What is the name of the last book you read? Discover your destiny
7. What is one saying that you choose to live by? It's a verse actually "let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone and not in another."
8. Where can we find you? Give us your links.
my shop: http://www.aronawalsh.etsy.com
my facebook fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arona-Designs/113131948718073
my blog: http://www.lizzisays.blogspot.com