Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Day #8: Stormy and Mel...
We are featuring another artist today, Mel from Stormie and Mel. I have asked her a few questions about being an artist.
1. What inspires you?
Just about everything inspires me. Nature, good food, cool people... I could be looking out the window while riding a bus and something will grab my attention and inspire me.
2. What is your favorite kind of ice cream?
Vanilla with specks of real vanilla bean.
3. What are your favorite mediums to work in?
I love pen and ink, colored pencils and watercolor. Most recently I've been dabbling in digital art and have been using this method to color my illustrations.
4. How long have you been an artist?
I think I've been an artist ever since I was able to grasp a crayon. Drawing just came naturally to me.
5. If you could go one place in the world, where would you go and why?
I would go to Argentina to see the land where my parents were raised.
6. What is your favorite quote and why?
"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up." I love this quote because it's a call to action. We all may have many dreams and goals in life but unless you actively do something to make them come true they're just dreams.
7. What is one word of inspiration you could give to another artist?
Don't be afraid to unleash your creativity. Just let the ideas flow and put them onto paper, canvas etc.
8. Where can we find you? Give us your links
I'm located in Philadelphia. I have a shop on Etsy and here's the link: http://www.StormieAndMel.etsy.com