Sunday, August 1, 2010
Day #12: Silva's Heart...
Today is the last day of the artist feature. We are wrapping it up with Mary Katherine from Silva's heart. I asked her a few questions and here were her responses.
1. What inspires you?
I am inspired by all the beauty around me. Could be a color or a mood, but mostly my husband who challenges me daily giving great ideas. He is far more creative than me! He is his Mothers son!
2. How long how you been an artist?
I guess I have always been an artist in one way or another. In my much younger years, I was a gymnast, loved decorative painting, decorating & gardening. But I have always loved jewelry!
3. If you were stuck on a deserted island, what three things would you need?
great question! Hands down, my husband Gabriele & my 2 dogs Lacie & Tiler. I would even leave the gems behind for them!
4. What is your favorite kind of desert?
5. What is your favorite movie and why?
I have a tie on my favorite movies! Forrest Gump and The Color Purple. What some would call an underdog, I call inspirational!
6. If you could see one dream fulfilled, what would it be?
Having had cancer myself, I would love to see a cure in my lifetime! I hate seeing people suffer from this disease. I may not know the person, but I still cry when I hear of others facing this terrible disease.
7. What words of encouragment do you have for fellow artists?
Do what you love, be authentic to yourself. You deserve it and don't let anyone tell you differently!
8. Where can we find you? Give us your links
I can be found on Etsy @ Silviasheart and on Facebook @ MaryKatherine Mayhew-Valente
Thanks to Mary Katherine. She is wonderful artist and I am so glad that she decided to share a little bit of herself with us.